Tuesday 7 May 2013

New Beginnings



Good Morning or Good Afternoon!!

To all readers! I am very new to blogging but in the past I have been to many blogging websites so hopefully everyone will enjoy my blogs!

My name is Brandon Israelson, and I am currently doing my third year of school at Brock University. I am studying Sport Management, which requires some knowledge of sports. Being a Canadian many people would think that my favorite sport would be hockey, but that is not the case for me (sorry fellow Canadians!!). I am a huge basketball fanatic and could pretty much tell someone which players are on what team. My favorite teams in the National Basketball Association (NBA) are the Toronto Raptors, Los Angeles Lakers, and Los Angeles Clippers. I have been to many games throughout the years but one of my main goals is to visit every team’s stadium. So far I have been to only 4 NBA stadiums, 26 more to go!! I am also a fan of baseball it has been the sport that my family has followed for years. Although baseball is very interesting for me, I can say that I do not follow it as much as I do for basketball however I have been to more baseball stadiums than I have for basketball including the old Yankee Stadium.

For this blog I choose the topic of Media, but my main focus will be media in sports. Media is everywhere in sports! They follow teams from city to city, broadcasting games and write columns about each sports team. With media rumors are spread, players are scrutinized, and egos are tested. One day a writer could be writing that one teams front office is about to trade a player and the next day fans find out that it was only a quick conversation between teams front office that never meant much. With this blog I will look at different perspectives of how media in sports is good and bad. With the NBA free agency coming up there are many rumours of players getting traded or signing with a new team. There are many big names in the NBA that are being talked about in rumors and in the blog I will bring some of these topics up.

I look forward to keeping you all updated!

Brandon

Blogs that deal with the same topic:





Websites that deal with the same topic







Twitter Hash tags (#) that have to do with Basketball Rumors:









Picture above courtesy of: http://www.sportsspecifictraining.com/category/testimonials/other-sports/


No comments:

Post a Comment